Naracoorte High School

Lion’s Youth of the Year National Final!

The final instalment of the Lion’s Youth competition took place in the school holidays, with Zach Pope not only representing our school, but also the state of South Australia in the national finals.

Following are Zach’s words on his experience: 

“During the second half of the holidays, I was fortunate enough to compete in the national Lions Voice of the Youth competition in the Gold Coast. Throughout the week, I got to know the other competitors and adventured the Gold Coast, while attending Lion events in-between. However, the main event were the speeches, spoken on the final day of our trip up North. I got rolled, but I feel no disappointment, I got a trip to the Gold Coast after all, and met some really cool people. Of course, I must lend my thanks to the Lion’s Club for presenting such an amazing opportunity and to all those who helped me along the way (especially Mrs. Borg). It is an experience I am incredibly grateful for. “ – Zach Pope 

Each year, Year 12 English students, as well as school captains are given the opportunity to enter the Lion’s competition. It is a fantastic chance to develop skills in public speaking, leadership, fast thinking and community-mindedness. I look forward to coaching our next group of students through the program in 2024.

GEMMA BORG
Lion’s Youth Coordinator

All content copyright © 2024 Naracoorte High School